- If you are facing scoring complications using the MDS, the following steps are recommended.
If you feel the scoring of a child on an item was not correct you may review the items in the child record and make sure the tally score aligns with the scoring rubric.
- Re-open the child’s record form and go to the item in question.
- Review the tallying to make sure it aligns to the scoring rubric
- Adjust the scoring if does not match.
Doing so should allow you to reach your ceiling.
Here are some screen shots on what to review:
Review tally items:
Review the scoring tab to ensure it matches the scoring rubric:
- If it does not match, adjust the scoring accordingly. Then, save the record form and run a new report.