Account Holders can manage purchased test administration licenses, run testing activity reports, set notifications for impending limits, and view current license information to determine when to purchase or renew subscriptions.
Test administration licenses must be used within a school year (July 1st – June 30th). Unused licenses can, however, be extended into the next school year by purchasing additional licenses after January 1st. Unrenewed licenses are placed on hold for one year before they expire.
For example, 100 Logramos licenses purchased for the 2020-2021 school year are available for use through June 30th of 2021. 50 of those licenses are used. On January 1st of 2021, 50 additional licenses are purchased, bringing the balance back to 100. These 100 licenses are then available for use through June 30th of 2022. As of that date, if no additional licenses are added to the account, those 100 licenses are placed on hold, pending renewal. If, by June 30th, 2023, no additional licenses have been added, the balance of 100 expires. If additional licenses are added before June 30th, 2023, the expiration date is extended through the following school year.
Understanding Test Administration Balances
For some assessment groups, test administrations are purchased before testing and appear as a credit balance. For others, test administrations are purchased after testing and appear as a debit or negative balance, which is billed and reconciled after testing. For example, if you purchase 150 online testing administrations for the CogAT Screening Form, a line item appears on the Manage Account Information page showing the test administration balance for that assessment group.
The following guidelines explain how your balances appear based on the assessment group you purchased.
● All test administrations (licenses) purchased from January 1st - July 1st of one year expires June 30th of the following year. For example, a Logramos license purchased on January 10th, 2020 can be used until June 30th, 2021.
● Test administrations are added upon purchase for all assessment groups.
● Iowa Assessments, CogAT Complete, and Screening Forms, and Logramos test administrations are deducted from the balance the first time a student’s subtest is sent through scoring. The test administration balance does not decrease for subsequent subtests submitted for the same student as part of the same test event; however, the test administration balance will decrease by one when the same student tests again in a new test event.
● Iowa Assessments, CogAT, and CogAT Screening Form testing materials are purchased upfront, and scoring is purchased after tests are administered.
– The test administration balance begins at zero and decreases by one the first time a student’s subtest is sent through scoring, resulting in a negative balance.
– The test administration balance does not decrease for subsequent subtests submitted for the same student as part of the same test event; however, the test administration balance will decrease by one when the same student tests again in a new test event.